jueves, 9 de diciembre de 2010

Finding balance

Balance!!
 I know that's one of my first goals as a mother, wife and women on this journey.


Loving without smothering, setting boundaries while remaining flexible, giving and allowing myself to receive joyfully as well.




There are days when I feel completely off balance and then, there is the wonderful opportunity of a new day, to start fresh after a restful night and a wonderful meeting with my guardian angel!

These days, I have been debating if there is a balance in Daniel's life...he is still so young, yet so independent and sociable.  Was he ready for full time school?  For the first time?  All these time being away from mama and brother and yes....I know a lot of it is me...I miss him tremendously!

When we moved to Mexico, we decided it was time for him to go to a school to be with other kids and learn the language.  He is now pretty fluent and is loving school, but of course, I feel sometimes that 5 days a week is a bit much for him.

He comes home pretty tired and irritable most of the time, he is adjusting I know... so for most of the month of November, I kept him home on Fridays and even some Mondays.  It gave him the opportunity to rest, to play uninterrupted for as long as he wanted and yes, it gave me some breathing time to find that balance again!
As it turns out, I found out that he was also a little intimidated by a couple of kids at school who tend to play a little more rough than how he likes it.  I talked to the teachers and now he says they are still rough, just not with him anymore!!
He is also figuring out how to meet the other children, he spent the first couple of months observing and taking it all in and now, I feel that he is ready to go out, interact and participate in the play.


Fortunately Daniel is so flexible, and is able to ride along with a smile on his face...of course, after he lets it all out!! on some occasions.
Here in this picture, he is jumping to the rhyme:  "Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack jumped over the candlestick"
An yes, we did jumped over the lit candlestick.   After  a few weeks of  3 days/week of school and after spending time with him and seeing how he was adjusting to the school, I'm feeling ready to let go a little more and he is feeling pretty confident and is finding more and more friends to play with.



Mothering is the most rewarding and fulfilling jobs I've done in my life, but it is also the one that I have to work the hardest at because it is not easy to find the right balance so that we all feel like are being loved, respected, and accepted for who we are.
I thank God everyday for giving me the opportunity to hold these two souls so close to my heart and for all that they help me along the  way.  Without them, I wouldn't have been able to open my eyes to true love.
I should clarify that while I love Jose with all my heart, and I'm being really honest here, this kind of love is almost heavenly...it is what makes the world go around.   This kind of love and the teachings that come with, are life changing and allows me to open my heart to true love with others.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario