martes, 29 de marzo de 2011

the rhythm of our home

I've been trying really hard for years to have a baking day at our house not just because we all love to eat fresh home made bread...but also because I really want to find a rhythm to our week.

I'm feeling proud of myself because now we have down a soup night, a pizza night and now a bread baking day!! yippie!!

The kids love grinding the flour, watching the yeast make bubbles and of course, the kneading and shaping of the dough! We all get to punch the dough and to let a lot of energy out...frustrations from the day and it just feels good when you hold it and squeeze it.
The kids also talk a lot about "bis" when they are working with the dough.
I think the smell triggers all those wonderful memories they have of working side by side with their unforgettable and beloved great grandma whom we all miss so much!


I felt more inspired to do it after the February conference where they talked about how important bread baking was to healthy development of the sense of touch.


I also think that the smell of fresh bread coming out of the oven is a great incentive for anyone...definitely an experience we will all remember forever!



Ok, now my next goal is to have a family watercolor painting day. Perhaps on a Saturday so papi can do it with us!! I'll keep you posted.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario