martes, 13 de marzo de 2012

Michaelmas and my birthday

Before we knew it, it was Michaelmas at school and all of the inner work that comes with it.
Facing our dragons and preparing for a festival can be challenging sometimes.
This year, we were in the middle of remodeling the house at this time, so it took a lot of strength to keep the rhythm going and to gather up the strenght needed.



This is Katherine, one of Daniel's teachers, carrying the dragon bread made and decorated by the kids.


Daddy saved us a spot where we could see the show and be together as a family!!




Meanwhile, the kindergarteners were receiving their golden capes and crowns for the procession.





The play began and 4th graders were the villagers, every class had a part on the play and finally the dragon made its appearance!!



The dragon was very creatively done. It was made of cd's, computer parts, old cell phones and other different electronic parts. I thought it was very appropriate for this times!!



And with the help of Michael, one more time, the dragon was slayed!!

In September, we also got back 5 of our old chickens from Los Gatos Mountains. My sweet Jose drove all the way there, built them a coop and brought them home for us!! You are my farmer hero amor!!




And in no time, we were enjoying fresh yummy eggs again and our pears and apple trees provided us with lots of fruit as well!! So grateful for the harvest.


This is Lola, the head of the gang...she is very friendly and likes to come right up to our door and look through the window. I think if we would let her, she would be an indoor chicken and would just mingle with us all day!


And then, my birthday came. This year was a nice round number...40!!
I have to say, coming up to the 4th floor as we say in our family felt BIG. Does that mean I'm a grown up finally? Oh...oh...I'd better figure out what I'm gonna do...because I'm already a grown up...hahaha
Now seriously, I'm writing this 6 months later and yes, so far it has been a big change for me. I'm very grateful to the process that went on since I turned 40 until now. I have been through a lot internally, lots of changes have been made inside of me, it felt like a big spring cleaning and it was necessary! I'm feeling more in touch with my feelings, happier than I have ever felt before and so in love with life. It was a hard road to travel and I feel that I still have more internal work to do.
I'm so happy I have gone through it and thank you to my amazing husband for helping me stay strong, and showing me what love means!! I LOVE YOU JOSE!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario