martes, 13 de marzo de 2012

Our New School

Shortly after we moved to the new house, the kids and I started school and it was everything we were hoping for!








Daniel started his first year of Kindergarten and his teachers Noelle and Katherine are absolutely amazing human beings. We got to meet them before school started and there was an immediate connection with them. Daniel went in without a problem and had the biggest smile when I picked him up!

Santiago met Rev Bowen, his 4th grade teacher a few weeks before school started. Jose, Santiago and I had a really good feeling about him right away.
I loved the fact that he is a male teacher and now that we have been at the school for a while (writing this in March 2012) I am still wondering how we got so lucky! Rev is an amazing teacher, so creative, so talented, incredible storyteller, he is now teaching the folk dances,is genuinly interested in every single student and tries hard to meet them where they are. He makes learning fun, and at the same time, can keep the boundaries very clear to all of the children in the class.





On that same day, I also taught my first Spanish class. It was the very first time I ever taught to grades kids and it went well, although I felt it was going to be a while before it felt super confident and less nervous. I loved the feeling of teaching my own language and all of the joy and rhythm of the sounds, plus, I'm revisiting songs and poetry from my own childhood. Very special!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario